Wednesday 10 November 2010

What Jindi Did Next...

Sunday, after our big trip on Saturday, we spent the day in Mildura...it was a catch-up with people day, the purpose of our trip...

As the human and I were both a bit tired from all those kilometres on Saturday we started the day slooowly and didn't rush about seeing this and that...instead we took a ride down the road to Red Cliff and spent a lazy hour wandering around the market stalls in the park and the main street...I was suitably admired by the stall holder when the human was buying some dried apricots and a nice lady walking past stopped and gave me lots of pats...I do so like it when humans do that...

Then it was off to Irymple for a BBQ lunch...the human was going to make me wait in the car but the humans who live at that house said I could play in their yard and I had a wonderful time...I said hello to the dog that lives there but he was staying at his kennel and...



...I played totem tennis and catch with the girl humans...

There were so many hoppers (immature locusts) that the ground looked like it was moving...



See all those "brown dots"...they are all hoppers and that is just a teeny tiny selection of their population...and they sure do a whole lot of damage...



...the yard was all green grass until a couple of days before the hoppers moved in and ate and ate and ate and now it is brown and dead wherever they have had lunch!...

After the bbq the human went to have coffee with a quilty friend and I waited in the car...again!...then we went to visit some more humans and I got to play with the big boy blonde labrador that lives at that house...

I got to play with lots of different dogs and little humans...there was another Kelpie staying at the caravan park where we stayed and I got to say hello and play a little bit with her too...she was just like me except her tummy was a bit rounder and closer to the ground than mine...but she was a very nice Kelpie...

I was very good at the caravan park and I slept on my bean bag on the verandah...


Monday we had to come straight back down the highway as the human had to go to work in the afternoon...she says it was a Very Long Commute to Work...

So now we are back home again and our little holiday of lots and lots of kilometres is done but maybe Larry will take me and the human up the highway again and we can visit Mildura again...that Murray River looked like it would be a nice place to spend some time...I would like to go for a nice loooonnnngggg walk at the river...

Woofs and Tail Wags...Jindi

No comments: