Sunday 5 December 2010

Fabric Friday...

Friday morning I opened the front door to go to lunch with my sewing group at a restaurant in a neighbouring town and kicked a squishy parcel…my order from Sew Unique Creations

Pinks & browns goodies which have a purpose…they are going to Summer School in Wodonga with me in January…
 
Lunch was yummy and afterwards most of us felt compelled to continue on to play at Quilter's Bazaar…wahoo! Lorraine & Jim were having a 25% off sale and I needed batting, lots of batting, a perfect opportunity…that was my plan, buy batting…look at the other lovelies in the shop but buy batting…I did, I did buy batting, 7 metres of it but…somehow, along the way…some other stuff jumped in the bag as well…oops!
The colours are a bit iffy in the photo but the fat quarters are beige to caramel and will go nicely in the Summer School box with the squishy parcel fabrics...

Then it was down the hill to The Drapers of Mount Macedon…where I found these little beauties to add to the collection…




While generally meadering around the shop I wandered into the area where the notions are located and there…on the floor…in a collection of reduced price bolts my gaze fell upon bolts of the first Rocky Mountain range… 
...the very same range that I am using for A Gardener’s Journal…now I had started roaming around cyberspace in the not very hopeful hope that I might stumble across enough of something from this range for borders…and here, in front of me, were bolts…and greatly reduced if the remainder of the bolt was purchased...I grabbed them with both hands in glee…now I have choices…Mary kindly put the fabric back on the bolt for me so I could pretend I have my own quilt shop *LOL*...if only she had realised just how much fabric was moving into my house that day!!!

A good day of fabric acquisition...and all with a purpose...now that is scary!...

Happy Stitching...

















1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

what a find the border fabrics.........lucky you........shame you had to buy the whole remaining bolt...........LOL