Monday 28 February 2011

Hearts for Christchurch...

Doh! I typed this up yesterday morning and didn't manage to hit the publish button and there it was lanquishing in draft...there are times I amaze myself with the lack of basic functionality that I manage to achieve!

A Squilter who is also a Kiwiquilter posted this to the group for the lady who is co-ordinating...can you help?...

I am involved in a Heart project for Christchurch. I do not want to detract from the Healing Hearts so generously made by quilters. This is just a different Heart request.

I am gathering hearts for Christchurch. Not heart blocks in the quilting sense but `hanging' hearts. 

Two heart shapes sewn together, stuffed or not, embellished, embroidered, CQ'd, quilted, plain or fancy, felt or fabric or anything goes. Add a loop at the top.

However many inches high that you care to make. For ease of postage, envelope size is a good measurement.

Also for ease of postage you can send them flat, leave an opening and add a note "Please stuff me" I have a couple of non sewers on stuffing.
You can choose to sign them on the back and add a message. It would be nice to have at least the area they come from. 

This is just a small measure of something nice to give in this terrible time.
A heart is a symbol of caring and I know we all feel an overpowering desire to do something.

If you aren't in a position to donate a heart or two send a little bit of fabric. I have heart makers at the ready.
Or simply pass this on message with my address (please do that anyway).
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Evie Harris
523 Main North Road
Bay View
Napier 4104
New Zealand

This seems like such a nice way to help and so simple...

Happy Stitching...


No comments: