Saturday 4 June 2011

Daylesford Craft Experience 2011

So today we set off for here...
...after drastically over-estimating the amount of travelling time...from Lu Lu it took all of, mmm, let's see...5 minutes driving time...we were slightly early *LOL*...to play at the Daylesford Craft Experience...
Mmmm...where are our seats?

...where we were joined by my lovely friend Jean (no blog) and she brought along two new friends, Lucy & Jess...waving hello!!!!

Thanks to the organisational skills of the lovely Merrilyn we played with Jodie, Melly and Kristen, who all designed great projects...
The designs for the day
Jodie figured out how to get more hours in our days!
In our goodie bags was a small project designed by Kristen and wonder of wonders I managed to get my stitched...not only on the day but at the event!!!...cut out and backed with felt it becomes a brooch.  I did buy the brooch pin but I have plenty of felt at home so it can wait to be put together...

Oh, and the 5 1/2" square and piece of thread became this...
A needlebook for the swap...It's almost impossible to read but the front is stitched with "Happy is she who spends her time stitching"

The swap items spread out for everyone to take a look at before they were "distributed"...

See my needlebook there?...see the pink "tag" laying across the corner of it?...well that is what I received!...Jodie walked around the room and she lucky dipped into the box for those who participated...it was only when I was uploading this photo that I noticed that both what I made and what I received were together on the table...
What a fun day...
Happy Stitching...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what fun i wish i was there with you and Rosie maybe next year,are you doing sunday as well??

Kerry said...

Looks like you had a lovely, stitchy filled day. Loved your needle book, and the sweet little soon to be brooch.