Sunday 9 October 2011

Catching Up...

Time has been flying by lately...here it is the second week of October already...last weekend I wandered up the highway to Heathcote for a weekend at Heathcote Country Lodge with some of the ladies from Monday craft group...stitching, eating and cuppas...lovely.  I tend to not take the sewing machine on retreats, being content to work away on handwork projects...labels for my challenge quilt for this coming week's local quilt show and for 'Tis the Season...neither quilt is finished but hey they have labels!...finishing up a stitchery and putting some more work into the hexagon centre for Anna's Quilt...not huge achievements but I'm happy with small steps...you know it was a great weekend when next year's dates are already booked and all hands went up in the air for the return visit!!

The stitchery was one of Gail Pan's projects from Inspired Stitches in July this year...Gail's original was redwork but I went with a variegated orange...today the binding was stitched down making a completed small quilt (about 15 1/2" square)...yay!...thread and fabric from the stash...


I think this one will find a home on the top of a small (about 4' high) cupboard...


Yesterday I went for a drive up to Ballarat Patchwork for a class with Jodie...to create Smith the Dog...and here they are...a pack of nearly formed Smiths...

...just imagine they have four legs and faces...aren't the fabrics fabulous...mine is the flower power hippie child...a fun day out...

Today Jindi and I went for a drive back to the old country and met up with Mistea for a squiz at the North of the Yarra quilters show at the Eltham Community Centre...I didn't take any photos but they have a lovely slidehow on their blog.


Think that takes care of the last week or so...next weekend is our local quilt group's biennel show...I really must go and finish that challenge quilt!


Happy stitching...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette lovely finish.Hey let me know when you come to Ballarat and i will see if i can catch up,i could've yesterday,for once i had nothing on.Lovely dog what does Jindi think?

Pip said...

Your little quilt is lovely, I'm doing mine in a different colour way as well.

rosie said...

Just love the puppies and your little quilt.. Get going on your challenge quilt, I hope to get there to see it!!!

Grethe said...

Sweet Gail Pan stitchery;matches perfect with the Autumn outside my windows here:-)What lovely 4-doggie pictures!

Mistea said...

That is a nice colourful pack of hounds! Hope there was no biting.
I can see their smiling faces but they are looking legless.
Nice finish on the house embroidery.

Vic said...

I bet Jodie's class would be so fun; I'm a bit jealous. I love the unfinished Smiths... that sounds like a punk band, don't you think?? ;)