Saturday 7 July 2012

A New Bag for A New Project...

For a while now I've wanted to make the sewing bag in Anni Downs' Some Kind of Wonderful book but using whole fabric pieces for the front and back in place of the small squares and stitcheries that Anni created...not because I don't like Anni's design but I just had a different picture in my head for that bag shape.  Last Saturday was the day...it was horrible weather but just right for a sewing room adventure...a rummage in the curtaining fabric tub produced two pieces of sample book fabrics that went together nicely with complimentary contrasting textures and colours...this morning I put in a couple of hand stitches that I missed and popped in my started this week knitting project...perfect size!...
...and the knitting project?...while looking for something else I dived into the yarn drawer and this ball of sock wool just yelled at me...you've had me for about 6 years knit me up already!!!!...of course I didn't have the right size set of needles (what is it with having every other size but the one I want!!!)...but the local habby came good and so...
...growing very very slowly...a sock!...by next winter it may have a twin and I may have warm tootsies...

Hope your world is warm and toasty
Happy Stitching (or knitting)...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annette well done i love your new knitting bag and love the colour of the wool for your socks,you might need to knit another 4 so jindi has a set also,lol.xx

Fiona said...

The bag looks fantastic... it is such a great shape.... great sock knitting weather....
Hugz

Christine M said...

Your knitting bag looks great Annette. That's going to be one jazzy pair of socks!

Mistea said...

Great bag - and perfect for a little knitting project.
Enjoy making the socks, sure is pretty yarn you have.
PS: so not warm here!

Katherine said...

Looks fantastic and there is nothing warmer than hand knitted wool socks lol.

Kerry said...

Love your new project bag, oh, and I have small feet that also feel this cold weather! LOL.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Warm and toasty, eh? We are on our umpteenth day of 90 degrees PLUS -- today is supposed to be the worst, up to 104, I do believe. It is good to know that it is chilly someplace....

Shay said...

My craft supplies yell at me too when I've neglected them for too long. Glad you listened to yours and started the sock. (They just yell louder when you ignore them you know )

Your knitting bag looks fab!

Andrea said...

The bag is brilliant - well done! A sock for show and tell later this week? LOL!

Grethe said...

Good idea; great fabrics for bag and all.Must check on her pattern once more. Good knitting for warm socks :-)

Susie said...

how productive? they both look great.

Katherine said...

Brilliant quilting!