Tuesday 9 October 2012

Cushion Cover Swapping...

I joined in the Quilted Hugs Cushion Swap to make and swap a cushion cover...easy to send, no insert required!...I've been waiting for two things to happen before putting up this post...(1) hearing from my swappee that her parcel had arrived and (2) getting to a shop to buy a square cushion insert for the cover I received, after discovering my 17" insert is actually slightly rectangular at 17" x 16" and really didn't work at all for the lovely cover I received.

It seems my envelope is on a slow boat to where it has to get across the oceans as my swappee is international and as I did get to the shop for the insert I'm going to show anyway...

So...Part 1: Outgoing...

We had to nominate lounge, bedroom or outdoor and our preferred colours...my swapee, Geri, requested lounge, green, spring flowers.  Immediately I knew I wanted to use this fabric...
and along with that fabric visions of daffodils were dancing in my head...the fabric has no yellow in it...at all...not a speck...no matter how hard I tried I knew I wasn't going to be able to reconcile yellow daffodils and my fabric choice and the fabric won...time to move on to a flower that has colour choices including pinks...of course, tulips!...and finding this block meant I got to play with a few different greens as well...
I also sent a little mug rug...
Surprise!!...hexies!  I found this green springlike scrap in my scrap bucket and I wish I had more but there was just enough to make one 1" hexie flower...goodness knows where it came from, probably a rescued scrap from a friend or classmate that was destined for the bin...isn't it a fun fabric...

Part 2:  Incoming...

So what did I find in my mailbox?  I nominated lounge, blue and yellow and received this lovely cushion cover from Jan...
Jan also popped in a matching mug rug...for co-ordinated relaxing with a cuppa while reclining on my new cushion...
There was (important word in this sentence "was") a coffee bag and chocolate but they didn't survive until the photo shoot - he he.  Thank you so much Jan I really like what you made for me.  Did I mention that star and compass blocks are among my favourites!

And thank you to Sue for hosting this swap.  If you pop over to visit Sue she has pictures of all the swapped covers.

Happy Stitching...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowee Anette love the tulip cushion that you made its gorgeous,you are so clever and i also love the blue and yellow one you received,great swap ladies.xx

Jan said...

Hi Annette ............ thank you for those words on receiving your cover. I aleays wonder what I could have done better.
Quilty hugs, Jan

Mistea said...

Ooh pretty. Nice flower for spring.

That's a special cushion and mug mat you received for a relaxing cuppa. Glad the coffee and chocolate worked a treat.

Enjoy reclining.

Shay said...

I love the cover you made AND the one you received. That little mug rug is a cutie too !