Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas Angel Swap Received...

I was paired with the delightful Holly, who hails from the USA, in Mrs Martin's Christmas Swap.  Being a direct swap, emailing each other was encouraged and we had long chatty emails to get to know each other better.  Parcels were to be mailed by 1 December and the box of goodies Holly sent to me was delivered in double quick time, lucky me!...I slit open the sticky tape holding the box lid closed to be greeted with a rainbow of tissue wrapped pressies...and some yummy looking lollies!...
Tissue was duly despatched to reveal...
How cool is that Christmas Cactus...it may not be showing up in the photo but it is "strung" with strings of beads...pretty fabric postcards, backed with vinyl or leather a great idea for postcard backing...a gorgeous cross stitch...Holly is a crocheter and so my stocking is crochet hexies and in one of my favourite colour combos - aqua & chocolate...tree decorations including crochet baubles...a pincushion (can never ever have too many of those for all over the house, or is that just me?), red ric rac, fabric, fabulous hand quilting cotton, a stitch ripper (this one is going into my "take with me" sewing bag of hand stitching supplies, I've been thinking I needed to get it one)...a candle to go with the candle mat...magnet and key ring from Holly's area...and two kinds of yummies, which yummies are still in their packets unopened possibly only because, well, I haven't been here long enough over the last few days to rip into them!

I actually received my box of goodies last Thursday but the Universe saw I had plans and laughed so hard it cried, a lot!, while it set about making sure those plans did not come to fruition.  Here it is five days later before I've been home and awake enough to take a photo and write a post, so apologies to Holly for taking so long to publicly acknowledge her swap presents...thank you Holly, the Christmas tree and assorted decorating paraphanalia was going to be put up on the weekend (you can guess that didn't happen!) so when that finally does happen your decorations will be joining the family of handmade swap friend decorations and very happily so...

It seems my parcel to Holly is still in the care and control of the posties...along with my outgoing SSCS parcel...come on sleigh driver, stop lounging around on the beach and deliver!...

Happy Stitching...
and I hope to be back sooner rather than later but with the Universe having such fun playing chicken with my world no promises!...

6 comments:

Mistea said...

Ooh lovely goodies. That Christmas cactus sure is cute..
Hope you get to try the goodies soon.

Anthea said...

Oh they are some wonderful goodies there Annette. What a great post!
I love the cactus, and how lovely to have a collection of christmas items from swaps, to put out each year
x

Shay said...

I saw the crochet stocking straight away . Being crochet challenged I love anything that anyone else can do in that medium and that stocking is ten kinds of cute! You are one lucky swap partner.

The universe sure has a sense of humour . Take heart in the thought that my world sounds a lot like your world at the moment!

Kris said...

That Universe needs a talking to! Love all your stuff. I must be spending too much time in specialty lolly shops cause I recognised the packets immediately! (Oh. And the sleigh driver needs a good talking to too. Gosh good help is hard to get!!!)

Third time lucky? Your word verification just doesn't like this comment!

Holly Days Closet said...

I'm really glad you like everything I'll be blogging about your package to me soon. It's been crazy here.

marina said...

gorgeous goodies!
hope the planets align and the universe stops messing you around!