Saturday 2 March 2013

From Turtle to Snail...

The Disappearing Nine Patch quilt top was finished a couple of weeks ago and I had the idea that last weekend I would get it quilted and by now it would be finished...I was wrong...oh so very very wrong...when I didn't think it possible to go any slower than tortoise I found the speed switch went even lower - to snail!...I'm blaming it on the microbes that moved in for a grand summer holiday at a microbe resort destination - me!...I had it pin basted and stupidly attempted to do a couple of lines of stitching - I should have come with a warning label last weekend - Do Not Operate Machine Of the Sewing Kind...mistake, huge, huge mistake...so after it spending all week in rehab...
it is now thread basted and ready for another attempt at getting it quilted...I'd like to say it will be finished by next weekend but that could be tempting fate so let's just say, it's ready for the next step and see how that pans out...

In the meantime, the Some Kind of Wonderful project box made a return appearance to the couch and the in progress blocks even played a couple of shows...the dog (original design: cat) and house block, which both had so little left to do on them it was ridiculous that they had been relegated for so long, took starring roles and have now moved on to the block keeper...the remaining blocks are playing in an ensemble piece, it remains to be seen which will take centre stage next...

Hope your weekend is full of stitchy good stuff...

Happy Stitching...

10 comments:

Grethe said...

Love the title of your post! Good luck then once more,Annette,the quilt for Chookyblue`s helping will be so great when finished :-)

Mistea said...

Nice borders on the quilt.
Hope the germs have left the premises.
Enjoy those 'wonderful' blocks.

Anthea said...

Oh Annette you poor thing... I hope the germs have let the building,, don't they know they are not welcome?! x

Cheryl said...

Ugh!!!!! So sorry Annette. Hoping for a better week for you..but you still had time to bail me out of my blog mess!! What a great bloggy friend!

Chookyblue...... said...

come on crank yourself up a gear........get inspired...........go for it.........I know you can do it..........

marina said...

your 9 patch looks lovely.
I think you should evict the last of those free loading bugs and send them packing so you can get that quilt done!
Take it easy and do what you can..

Shay said...

When I move to snail pace I tell myself Im collecting ideas ...

Im right there with you sister...I started the quilting on Superheroes 2 weeks ago and then threw it on a chair ...and you know what ? Im going to ignore it today as well and do some other things that could just as easily be left until another time. I dont know why Im avoiding it...

Christine M said...

I'm sure you'll get it quilted and it will look great Annette.

Sisbabestitches said...

Let it happen in it's own time. Banging your head against the world only hurts your head, lol. Hope you now microbe free!

Katherine said...

I'm sure you will have it quilted in time. Look after yourself and rest up to recover.