Sunday 5 January 2014

First Project for 2014...

I raced into Spotlight a couple of days before Christmas to buy a zip and came across a display of portable light boxes with a 30% off sign…I've looked at these so often but the $99.00 price tag meant look but don't touch…30% off, now that was something I could work with…so, Merry Christmas to Me!!!!…
The light box itself is quite thin and takes up very little space but the cardboard box it came in, not so much…a solution was required...
Some old old fabric found in the stash boxes and ta dah!...a quilted pouch…with a pocket added for the electric cord...
Less space to store and easy to pop into the crafty basket to take to quilty happenings…

First finish for 2014 and only five days in...this was what I went into the sewing room to make when I got distracted and made a cup bag instead...

Oh and the zip? Safe and sound in the same state I bought it home in…but hey, at least I have it now for when that project yells loud enough...

Happy Stitching...

11 comments:

elliek said...

Well done. Love the case.

Susan said...

Oh lovely. I have a big bulky light of, but these look fantastic. Enjoy it.

Katherine said...

A fantastic Idea! I think I might need to make one to hold my new blending board and carders lol. Quite spiky items.

Anonymous said...

what a great xmas present for you Annette,and love the pouch you made for it,well done on your 1st finish for the year.xx

marina said...

what a bargain! great pouch to keep your new purchase safe and sound.

Christine M said...

Great job Annette. I haven't seen those thin light boxes before.

Mistea said...

Snug as a bug in its handy new home.
Clever you.
(wait does this mean you're nearly organised?)

Shay said...

What a great find - I have a light box that takes up about a third of my cutting table so it lives in the shed.

I love your pouch to keep it all snug and safe !

Fiona said...

Great find .... it's worth going to get zips at spotty's isn't it... and I love the bag you have made...
Hugz

Anthea said...

Great idea Annette - and very clever sewing - well done x

Melody said...

A fabulous first finish