Monday 26 December 2016

SSCS 2016 - Outgoing - The Main Present Edition...

December 25 is a long time away when waiting for SSCS (for everything else it zooms up way too quickly!)...but finally it arrived and Florence has opened her main present...a set to take cup/mug and cutlery to stitching (or other) happenings...and she has told me she likes it (whew!)...
 The present - main and some extra bits just because...
The set...
Mug/cup bag  
Mug mat to set her cup and biscuit on...
Fold in half and tie behind the cup...
Cutlery roll - pockets for cutlery and serviette... 
Roll up...
 
Sit in front of the cup... 
Don't forget tea in the pocket...
Ready to go...

Florence has cats and when I saw the cat fabric it meowed (very loudly and insistently) pick me!  I used iron on vinyl for the cup pocket for a bit of protection in case of a damp cup...and the fun floral fabric I picked up in Bendigo when I went on an Embroidery Guild bus trip a few weeks ago just because I liked it...it just happened to have the right shade of turquoise in the design so the cats wanted to play in the garden...gotta love serendipity :)

The bag pattern was from Red Brolly (mostly...I almost followed a pattern...almost), the mug rug I made up using an Anni Downes stitchery design from her "The Story of My Day" book and the cutlery roll I made up after seeing a friend's.

I'm always packing a cup/mug and cutlery to stitchy happenings and I thought maybe Florence was too so I hope she gets use out of the set.

Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

creations.1 said...

Such a lovely practical gift! Beautiful.

Jo said...

That's a great idea... everything in one place...

FloS said...

What a wonderful gift ! I love it all !! You really spoiled me !`THANK YOU very much Annette !
Florence

elliek said...

Great idea?well done. Hope you had a great day

Chookyblue...... said...

what a great set for Florence........and yes the cats are perfect for her............